The Game

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

March 3, 2011 - 5:44pm

Updated: Forcier seen in a boot with crutches; suffered 'slightly sprained' ankle, report says

BY TIM ROHAN

Sophomore Tate Forcier, a quarterback on the Michigan football team, walked to class at about 10 a.m. this morning with crutches and wearing a black boot around his foot and ankle, a Michigan Daily reporter observed.

When contacted earlier today, Michigan football sports information director David Ablauf said he could not comment on the situation and said that Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez is the only one who can comment on injuries.

Members of the media were allowed to watch practice yesterday from approximately 4:05 until 4:20. And Forcier was seen participating in drills and appeared fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

Forcier is in the middle of a position battle with sophomore Denard Robinson and early-enrollee freshman Devin Gardner for the starting quarterback position this spring. Forcier started every game last season and threw for over 2,000 yards.

UPDATE: The Detroit News is reporting that Forcier suffered a "slightly sprained" ankle yesterday in practice sometime after the media was allowed to attend.

The news came from an unnamed source close to the program, and the source also said that Forcier is expected to practice on Thursday.

|